Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bloggers Clearinghouse Contest!!

To any readers who are able to find the TYPO in the recent Jerry Garcia/Seth Godin post: I will personally snail mail you a fabulous prize of no monetary value, culled from my family's generations-old habit of high-class hoarding. You think I'm kidding?  The catch: You have to be brave enough to send me your mailing address. (Note: I am too busy stalking  my kids to stalk other people, and everyone in my family gets lost going to the bathroom so I wouldn't be able to find your house, not to mention your city.)

Hint: Not easy to find typo. After all, I am a world-class editor.   I'll send my email adds after you comment. Privacy guaranteed!

10 comments:

Rich Sidney said...

I think the typo is the period after the word tribe. I think it should be a colon.

Lucy Mueller said...

Is it that it should be "success"? instead of "success?" ? (Whew, that was not a fun sentence to punctuate.)

Always enjoy reading your blog!

HelenQP said...

Hmmm...Rich, sorry, but no cigar. Technically, what you cite isn't a typo but a potential grammatical error. I don't think the colon is required there, tho'. It's a matter of interpretation.

Pwnd! Lucy, girl, your mother would be proud. You're right--it should be: "success"? (Rich's colon came to good use.) This is an error of punctuation but since it just slipped out I consider it a typo. You get a prize. I'll send it to the White House and you can pick it up on your next trip home.

HOWEVER!!! THAT WAS NOT THE TYPO I HAD IN MIND. Hint: It's not where you think.

ANYONE?

HelenQP said...

Agh, Rich, what you pointed out is also a potential error in punctuation.

Torrey Shannon said...

I was thinking the word "led" could also be spelled as "lead" - but now I am not so sure. I tend to over-think matters when there is a challenge involved!

Torrey Shannon said...

Wait, wait, wait!

In Seth's blog he wrote, "I hope not."

You added an ellipsis.

Was that it?

HelenQP said...

Hmmm....good try, Torrey. But 'led' is correct past tense of 'lead,' and the ellipsis was intentional because I wanted people to know that Seth's post continued...

(I'm so glad that all this is the least important part of writing.)

Torrey Shannon said...

Darn. I had a feeling that was the case in both accounts. I was grasping for anything I could find. You've stumped me!

Thanks for the challenge. It will be fun to see the answer. :)

Catherine Stine said...

In the tags--Garcian!!!!!!!!!!

HelenQP said...

Hmmm...Someone has an eagle eye....